Top Five Reasons To Use Bamboo Flooring
Bamboo is a unique alternative as a flooring option. Both beautiful and durable, bamboo floors can add beauty to any area of your home and can withstand the wear and tear of daily life. Here are my top five reasons to choose bamboo flooring for your home:
1. Aesthetic Beauty Contrary to popular belief, bamboo is actually a grass not a wood product. Because of this difference, bamboo has a different look than your typical hardwood floors. Color can be determined by the manufacturing process (length of time carbonized) and your typical order of bamboo flooring will be rather uniform in color and easy to match when installing. Also, staining is now possible for bamboo floors resulting in over thirty different styles and colors being available. With this many choices, you’re sure to find something to perfectly fit your style.
2. Durability Bamboo is not only beautiful, it is also quite durable. Bamboo has received hardness (strength) ratings higher than many hardwoods. In addition to its hardness rating, bamboo is also resilient. This means it “bounces back” after most impacts and doesn’t dent. This resiliency is also better for your feet and back since the floor will tend to “give” slightly and not be so hard to walk on everyday.
3. Moisture Resistance Bamboo is also a naturally water resistant material. In addition to its natural resistance, part of the manufacturing process includes lamination which increases its resistance to warping. Because of this moisture resistance, bamboo flooring can be used in bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms where hardwood and laminate floors shouldn’t be used.
4. The Environmental Benefits Bamboo is a sustainable material. This means it can easily and quickly be re-grown in a reasonably short time. Bamboo is typically harvested every four to five years without actually destroying the plant. Also, because of its resiliency, bamboo doesn’t have to be refinished as often as hardwood. This cuts down on the chemicals necessary to maintain the floor.
5. Easy Cleaning Bamboo floors, like most hard flooring materials, are easier to clean than carpet. No vacuum required, just a dust mop to keep things nice and clean. And, unlike tile, there is no grout to worry about keeping clean. Summary Bamboo is a great addition to any home. It is an eco-friendly, easy to maintain flooring material that can match any style you choose for your home.
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring Articles
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring Books
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring