Installing Mini Blinds
Measuring The first thing to do, is to determine the position of the mini blinds, deciding if they will be inside or outside of the window. Inside mounting will look more customized, although outside mounting will provide better control of lighting. For inside frame mounting, measure the width between the points where the brackets will be placed; top, middle, and bottom. Record the narrowest of the measurements you receive. Now, measure the length from the top inside casing of the windowsill. At least 1 inch of flat surface will be needed on the inside casing in order to attach the brackets. For outside frame mounting, you'll need to measure the overall width of the area to be covered. Hang your mini blinds outside of the frame if there is less than 1" of flat surface on the inside casing. The measurement should overlap the window by at least 1 1/2" on each side. Installation
1. Determine if you want inside or outside mounting, and measure your window accordingly.
2. After you have purchased the correct size of mini blinds, remove the window stop from the top of the window on the window casing.
3. Screw the brackets that came with your blinds to the side window casing at the top, using either two or three screws per bracket.
4. With the wand on the left and the lift cord on the right, slide the mini blinds into the brackets you just installed.
5. Once you have the mini blinds in place, secure the caps over the brackets.
6. If the blinds are too long, remove the slats from the bottom of them, as this should help to get them to the appropriate height. (word count 283) PPPPP
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring Articles
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring Books
Curtains and Bamboo Flooring